The Principle of Design
Principles of design (Design) is a planning, creative form. By arranging the components to be attractive, attractive, suitable for materials and functionality Design may be the idea. Or design as a plan to create The designer must have an understanding of the various elements that will be used in designing both the sign, symbol and psychology of awareness, belief and belief of the target audience.
Design principles In designing the following principles are taken into account.
► Direction (Direction)
► Dominance and Subordination
★ Balance (Balance) refers to the placement of elements in the image to have the same weight. It does not create the impression that the composition of the image is heavy in any way. The weight of the image depends on the size, shape, intensity and color.
– Symmetrical balance on both sides is the same (Symmetrical balance), both left and right are the same. This kind of balance will make it look stable, firm, fair, such as government jobs, certificates, certificates. Taking photos with ID cards, etc.
– Equilibrium with two sides is not the same (Asymmetrical balance) left and right are not the same. But look at the same with visual weight, such as balanced by weight and shape size, with attention point by number, difference of detail with color intensity, etc.
★ Unity (Unity) in design, the designer must take into account all work in the same unit as a group. Or have all the correlation of that task and consider the subsections down to the respective subsections. Would have to hold on to this principle as well
There are two types of cosmic creation in practice:
Static unity A grouping of solid from and shapes such as geometric shapes. It will give a powerful, decisive, solid first and for sure.
– Dynamic unity focuses on the sensitivity of movement. Which, in the form of gradation or harmony or contrast, to be expressed from the work as well, will complete the work A good composition should ensure that the components are united and not scattered. The assembly gives rise to units, or the universe, and the subject is the focus. And there are various components to be interesting
★ Space is the space between or around objects or characters. Or look as one Cause emphasis And as a breakpoint
★ Rhythm or rhythm (Rhythm) The rhythm is caused by the continuation or repetition. Good timing makes the picture fun. Comparable to the beautiful music in the design of the rhythm is divided into 4 types:
– The same rhythm is repeated. Is bringing the same elements or pictures Let’s put together. Make it look orderly, formal, continuous pattern design such as wrought iron pattern, floor tile pattern or wall pattern, fabric pattern, etc.
– The rhythm alternates to static. It is the continuous alternation of different elements or images in a series of intervals giving the feeling of a system, consistency, and certainty.
– The rhythm alternates with non-static. It is a combination of different elements or images that are freely placed alternately in size, direction, and distance.
– Strokes from small to large Or from large to small Is bringing the same image Let’s put together, but have different sizes. In continuous order from small to large or from large to small Gives the image depth and dimension
★ Direction (Direction) means the way to show that. In what direction the design motivates the viewer to see and feel what the design looks like, the designer can choose and direct the image direction according to The need for directional design is used in various ways such as
1. the nature of direction arising from the basic components of art with angles, width and length.
2. The nature of the direction arising from the plane
3. The nature of the direction arising from the use of work techniques such as brush strokes.
4. The directional characteristics arising from the nature of the frame composition.
5. Characteristics of direction arising from human vision (Circular Observation)
Good alignment in visual arts should take into account the harmony of directions, ie points, lines, shapes, textures and colors, etc. That is unity in the works
Surface is something that can be seen or felt on the surface of a work. Different textures make the same designs look different. The surface adds dimension to the work. And the viewer can experience the surface the designer has applied to the work.
★ Calligraphy (Lettering) A letter is a different element from other elements. Letters can be written directly to tell a story to the reader. Not having to interpret like other elements At the same time, letters can be decorated in different styles, sizes and colors to create attractive and engaging characters.
1. Match the purpose of the subject content
2. Design with benefit in mind, aiming to gain from the use of graphic materials for important conveying.